Monday, April 2, 2012

Hannah's Leg

This post is an explanation of some delay in my posts.  My birthday was March 14th.  And, let's just say that it turned out to be quite the exciting birthday.  Wednesday afternoon I took Hannah to the doctor to have her ears checked and she had an ear infection.  Upon returning home, I was changing Jordan in his room.  Hannah loves Jordan's bed and crawled up on it while I was changing Jordan.  In the process of my changing Jordan, she fell out of his bed.  A little over an hour later we headed back to the doctor because she would not put weight on her right leg.  The pediatrician checked her out and verified their were no major head or back injusries but thought that we should have her leg x-rayed.  Therefore, we needed to go to WakeMed ER.  Hannah and I arrived at WakeMed ER at a little after 6pm.  Philip joined us about 8:45pm and we arrived back home around 1:30am with Hannah in a cast because she had fractured her right femur.  She is adjusting very well to having a cast and has learned to crawl and even to stand up.  Pictured below is the Hannah's original cast wrapped in ace bandage, and as you can see, she is still smiling and happy.  I love how resilient God made children.  Praise the Lord for protecting my baby girl.




1 comment: